Brooklyn Beckham Claims David and Victoria Tried to ‘Bribe’ Him into ‘Signing Away the Rights’ to His Name Before Wedding

Brooklyn Beckham Claims David and Victoria Tried to ‘Bribe’ Him into ‘Signing Away the Rights’ to His Name Before Wedding

“My holdout affected the payday, and they have never treated me the same since,” Brooklyn alleged of parents David and Victoria

Brooklyn Beckham alleges that ahead of his wedding to Nicola Peltz Beckham, his parents attempted to bribe him into “signing away the rights” to his name.

While breaking his silence on his estrangement from parents David and Victoria Beckham in a series of bombshell Instagram Stories posts shared Monday, Jan. 19, the eldest Beckham sibling, 26, claimed that his parents resorted to bribery ahead of his 2022 nuptials.

In one of the posts, Brooklyn claimed that “weeks before our big day, my parents repeatedly pressured and attempted to bribe me into signing away the rights to my name, which would have affected me, my wife, and our future children.”

“They were adamant on me signing before my wedding date because then the terms of the deal would be initiated,” he wrote. “My holdout affected the payday, and they have never treated me the same since.”

Brooklyn, Victoria and David Beckham attend the Kent & Curwen presentation during London Fashion Week Men's January 2019 at Two Temple Place on January 6, 2019

Brooklyn, Victoria and David Beckham in 2019.Credit : Darren Gerrish/Darren Gerrish/WireImage

NEED TO KNOW

Brooklyn Beckham claims that his parents David and Victoria “repeatedly pressured and attempted to bribe me into signing away the rights to my name”
The alleged bribery before his 2022 wedding to Nicola Peltz Beckham was one of several claims Brooklyn made in a series of bombshell posts on Jan. 19
The new claims come after months of reported strain between the extended Beckham family

Brooklyn Beckham (L) and his wife US actress Nicola Peltz pose ahead of the presentation of creations by Mugler for the Women Ready-to-wear Fall-Winter 2024/2025 collection as part of the Paris Fashion Week, in Paris on March 3, 2024.

Brooklyn Beckham and Nicola Peltz Beckham in 2024.GEOFFROY VAN DER HASSELT/AFP via Getty

Brooklyn made the bribery claims just after stating that his “parents have been trying endlessly to ruin” his relationship with wife Nicola, 31, “since before my wedding, and it hasn’t stopped.”

The situation worsened when during the wedding itself, Brooklyn claimed, his mom Victoria, 51, “hijacked” his “romantic” first dance with Nicola and “danced very inappropriately” on him in front of the couple’s 500 wedding guests. He also alleged that his mom “cancelled making” his wife’s dress. (Both allegations come after sources told PEOPLE that the family’s feud with the couple began with Nicola’s wedding dress, and recounted the alleged first dance fiasco, last year.)

Related Stories

Brooklyn Beckham Says He Flew to London to Make Amends with Dad David Beckham but His Parents Refused to See Him

David Beckham, Victoria Beckham and Brooklyn Beckham attend GQ Men Of The Year Awards 2019 in association with HUGO BOSS at Tate Modern on September 03, 2019

Brooklyn Beckham Celebrates Christmas with Wife Nicola Peltz’s Parents amid Ongoing Beckham Family Drama

Brooklyn Beckham Celebrates Christmas with Wife Nicola Peltz’s Loved One amid Ongoing Beckham Family Drama

Brooklyn also claimed that the alleged sabotage extended to other relatives, writing: “The night before our wedding, members of my family told me that Nicola was ‘not blood’ and ‘not family.’ ”

He said that his “parents have controlled narratives in the press about our family” for his entire life, describing the allegedly “performative social media posts, family events and inauthentic relationships” as “a fixture of the life I was born into.”

Victoria Beckham and David Beckham attend the "Victoria Beckham" World Premiere at the Curzon Mayfair on October 08, 2025

Victoria Beckham and David Beckham in 2025.Samir Hussein/WireImage

“My family values public promotion and endorsements above all else,” he echoed elsewhere in the posts. “Brand Beckham comes first.”

A rep for David and Victoria did not respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

Our new app is here! Free, fun and full of exclusives. Scan to download now!

Brooklyn’s lengthy posts followed months of strain between the extended Beckham family, including claims of being blocked on social media and the Peltz Beckhams’ absence from several gatherings.

After Brooklyn and Nicola were notably absent from David’s 50th birthday celebrations in 2025, a source close to the family told PEOPLE, “The relationship is definitely not beyond repair.”

David, 50, and Victoria “love and are always there for [Brooklyn],” the insider said at the time. “They’re just hurt and disappointed that he’s now playing no part in family life.”

David Beckham, Victoria Beckham, Brooklyn Beckham and Nicola Peltz attend the Netflix 'Beckham' UK Premiere

David Beckham, Victoria Beckham, Brooklyn Beckham and Nicola Peltz Beckham in 2023.Karwai Tang/WireImage

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Amid the family’s ongoing rift, a source with knowledge of the situation told PEOPLE earlier this month, “David and Victoria have repeatedly asked Brooklyn and Nicola to meet and talk in order to move forward.”

“David loves his kids,” the insider said of Brooklyn and his younger siblings Romeo, 23, and Cruz, 20, and daughter Harper, 14. “They are his everything.”

In his bombshell Jan. 19 posts, however, Brooklyn said he does “not want to reconcile with my family.”

“NEIGHBORS BREAK THEIR SILENCE. 🚨👥 He was gone for 11 years. Now, the man who lived in the shadows has returned, and investigators are demanding answers. Neighbors recall him as a moody, never-married loner who kept to himself—until now. Why did he resurface exactly when the Guthrie search began? Police are digging into his long absence and what he’s been hiding since 2015.
THE CIRCLE TIGHTENS. 🛑🚔 A major breakthrough in the Guthrie case just occurred. Annie Guthrie is currently being questioned after police impounded her car for forensic testing. Sources close to the scene report that what was uncovered inside the vehicle has made her the primary focus of the investigation. The timelines are shifting, and the ‘sinister secret’ is closer to being revealed. Follow the thread for key questions and FBI statements.
“SPOTLIGHT ON ANNIE GUTHRIE. 🚨👤 The search for Nancy Guthrie has just taken its most shocking turn. Annie Guthrie’s vehicle is in police custody, and she has been brought in for intensive questioning. Investigators say the discovery inside her car has changed the entire direction of the case. The circle is closing in. Get the full story and live updates pinned below.
“CHARGES FILED. 🚨👤 20 minutes ago, the FBI confirmed the primary suspect in the Nancy Guthrie case has been charged. As Savannah Guthrie was briefed on the ‘sinister’ personal motive, the evidence from the forensic tent has officially closed the search and opened the trial. This wasn’t a stranger; it was a betrayal. Find the suspect’s identity and the full FBI statement pinned in the comments. 🏛️