“I love you.” Those were the last words 13-year-old Wynter Wagoner ever sent — and then she vanished without a trace.

Community gathers in prayer for formerly missing Rockcastle County teen

Family and friends pray for Wynter Wagoner’s safe return.
Wynter went missing on October 14 in Rockcastle County.
She has since been found safe.

EAST BERNSTADT, Ky. (FOX 56) — According to the Rockcastle County Sheriff’s Office, Wynter Wagoner was located safely in Montgomery County, Maryland.

Authorities announced that she’d been found on Dec. 26. The investigation is ongoing.


Previous story:

Faith is what the family and friends of Wynter Wagoner have been holding onto for the past month—both their faith in God and their faith that Wynter will safely come home soon.

Haley Whitehead, Wynter’s aunt, said, “I believe in God, and if something positive is going to come out of this, it’s going to be God. There’s power in prayer and power in numbers. And that’s our goal—to get God to move on this.”

Thirteen-year-old Wynter Wagoner went missing on Oct. 14.

Prayer vigil set as search for missing Kentucky 13-year-old hits month mark
On Friday night, one month after she went missing, family, friends, and community members came together, hand in hand, praying for her safe return.

Summer Engle, Wynter’s biological mother, said, “There are no really explainable words to describe having a missing child because you really don’t expect it to happen to you.”

According to authorities, Wynter is 5 feet, 1 inch tall, weighing 147 pounds, with long brown hair and blue eyes.

They said she was last seen in the Orlando community of Rockcastle County.

Her aunt said Wynter had been living in her latest foster home for about a year before she disappeared.

On Friday, as questions continued about what may have happened, Engle told FOX 56 she does not believe her daughter would have run away.

“I feel like it’s at the point where she’s been abducted, and it should be an Amber Alert,” Engle said. “There’s a lot of unanswered questions for all of us, and it’s supposed to be through professional people.”

Whitehead told FOX 56, “I just want to know that she’s alive. That’s my biggest thing. I want to know she’s alive, and I can’t even get that out of anybody.”

Wynter’s family said they’re grateful for the outpouring of support from the community and from police leading the search. They said in the middle of this dark time, it’s that kindness that has continued to shine through.

Có thể là hình ảnh về văn bản

Engle said, “I didn’t really know that people really thought that much of me and my family.”

Whitehead added, “It’s heartwarming; it really is. And that’s the way a community should be – they should come together when it comes to a child.”

There is a $5,000 cash reward for Wynter’s safe return. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Rockcastle County Sheriff’s Office at (606) 256-2121.

“THE FACE OF THE UNTHINKABLE. 🛑🎭 A grin. A pose. A hidden darkness. This is 18-year-old Jesse, the individual responsible for the heartbreak in Tumbler Ridge. From his own family to the halls of a secondary school, his actions left 10 d-e-a-d and 25 wounded. Looking at this photo, it’s impossible to reconcile that smile with the lives of the five children and one teacher stolen that day. Canada stands in silence, staring at a picture of a nightmare.
“BEYOND THE MIRACLE. 🚨📉 Constable Scott Dyson survived the deadliest attack in Australian history, but the scars run deep. Though he made it out alive, his family knows the harsh truth: the recovery will take years, and the ‘young hero’ we see is facing a reality that has been forever changed. Courage comes with a price, and today, we honor the man who gave everything to protect his community. The world saw his bravery; now we see his resilience.