BREAKING — Federal Bureau of Investigation Drops Bombshell Update In Nancy Guthrie Kidnapping Case — New Physical Description Released As Reward Skyrockets To $100,000 And Investigators Say “Someone Knows This Face”

The FBI has shared more details about a suspect in its ongoing investigation into the kidnapping of Savannah Guthrie’s mother, Nancy Guthrie.

The FBI Phoenix office announced on Thursday, Feb. 12, that the agency is increasing the reward for any information “leading to the location of Nancy Guthrie and/or the arrest and conviction of anyone involved in her disappearance,” to $100,000.

Previously, the agency said that it would offer $50,000 reward would be offered to individuals with information that led to Nancy’s discovery or the arrest of those involved in her disappearance.

The agency also provided additional details about the suspect, based on the FBI’s Operational Technology Division’s “forensic analysis” of the previously obtained doorbell camera footage.

“The suspect is described as a male, approximately 5’9” – 5’10” tall, with an average build. In the video, he is wearing a black, 25-liter ‘Ozark Trail Hiker Pack’ backpack.”

The agency hopes that the new details will “help concentrate the public tips.”

Since the investigation began on Feb. 1, the FBI has received 13,000 tips from the public. “Every tip is reviewed for credibility, relevance, and information that can be acted upon by law enforcement. Threat Intake Examiners at the National Threat Operations Center (NTOC) and FBI personnel are supporting a 24-hour command post in which dozens of agents and investigators are assigned leads and tips to action each shift.”

Images of a backpack similar to the one the FBI believes the suspect is wearing in the doorbell camera footage

FBI Phoenix/X

FBI Releases New Physical Description of Suspect In Nancy Guthrie Kidnapping
FBI Releases New Physical Description of Suspect In Nancy Guthrie Kidnapping
FBI Releases New Physical Description of Suspect In Nancy Guthrie Kidnapping

FBI Releases New Physical Description of Suspect In Nancy Guthrie Kidnapping

FBI Releases New Physical Description of Suspect In Nancy Guthrie Kidnapping

FBI Releases New Physical Description of Suspect In Nancy Guthrie Kidnapping

The mother of three, 84, is believed to have been abducted from her longtime Tucson, Ariz., home in the early morning hours of Feb. 1.

Law enforcement launched a massive investigation and they believe she was taken against her will, Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos said at a press conference on Feb. 3.

Shortly after, the potential kidnapper or kidnappers sent alleged ransom notes tied to Nancy’s disappearance to several media outlets.

On Feb. 7, Savannah and her siblings posted an emotional video on Instagram, saying, “We will pay.”

A big break in the case came on Tuesday, Feb. 10, when authorities released surveillance photos and video footage of an “armed individual” on Nancy’s front porch.

Guthrie suspect

The suspect.FBI Phoenix/X

Man Detained in Nancy Guthrie Case Breaks Silence After Being Released

The images and video the FBI and the Pima County Sheriff’s Department posted to social media show a person wearing a ski mask, a zip-up jacket and gloves — while carrying a backpack — approach Nancy’s front porch.

Surveillance Images, Video Released of ‘Armed’ Subject in Nancy Guthrie’s Kidnapping

One of the videos FBI Director Kash Patel posted on X shows the person appearing to tamper with the Nest camera at Nancy’s front door.

In an Instagram post that Savannah, 54, shared of the armed individual who came to her mother’s door, she wrote, “Someone out there recognizes him. We believe she is still out there. Bring her home.”

Nancy Guthrie's residence on February 11, 2026 in Tucson, Arizona.

Nancy Guthrie; Nancy Guthrie’s Tucson, Ariz. home.Savannah Guthrie/Instagram; Brandon Bell/Getty

Authorities have requested footage from Ring and Nest cameras in the neighborhood, and were testing a black glove found near the home for DNA.

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for  PEOPLE‘s free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.

Savannah has been in Arizona with her family as they wait for answers about Nancy’s mysterious disappearance.

An 18-year-old suspect has now been identified in the deadly Canada school rampage that left eight people dead — and a disturbing image circulating online is intensifying the grief and outrage. The photo, which appears to show the accused holding a rifle before the attack, has spread rapidly as investigators work to piece together what led to one of the most devastating school tragedies in recent memory.  Authorities have confirmed the suspect’s identity and say multiple murder charges have been filed. Behind the scenes, law enforcement is reconstructing the timeline minute by minute — analyzing digital footprints, prior warnings, and any signs that might explain how violence erupted inside a place meant to be safe.  Communities across the region have begun holding vigils, lighting candles for the victims and demanding answers. How did this happen? Could it have been prevented? And were there warning signs that were missed?