3 Family Members Disappeared, Leaving Behind a Bloody Scene. Now Mom’s Employer Faces Charges
Aurelia Choc Cac and two of her children disappeared last month from their Alabama home
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(749x0:751x2)/Aurelia-Choc-Cac-Niurka-Zuleta-Choc-Anthony-Garcia-Choc-Sliverio-Garcia-021026-48f91cb42e6347d3bc65ddc54098d777.jpg)
Aurelia Choc Cac with Niurka Zuleta Choc and Anthony Garcia Choc (left); and Sliverio Garcia. Credit :
Mobile County Sheriff’s Office/Facebook; Mobile County Sheriff’s Office
NEED TO KNOW
Aurelia Choc Cac and two of her children, Niurka Zuleta Choc and Anthony Garcia Choc, were reported missing on Jan. 31
Police have since arrested two suspects, including a man who they believe is in a relationship with one of Cac’s adult daughters
The family members have still not been found as of Tuesday, Feb. 10
Authorities in Alabama have arrested two men in connection with the mysterious disappearance of a mother and two of her children they believe were “taken against their will.”
Aurelia Choc Cac, 40, and her kids, 17-year-old Niurka Zuleta Choc and 2-year-old Anthony Garcia Choc, were reported missing on Jan. 31 by a neighbor.
Juan Carlos Argueta Guerra, 31, was arrested on Monday, Feb. 9 in connection with the disappearance, the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to PEOPLE.
This came days after Silverio Garcia, 60, was taken into custody in connection with the case on Tuesday, Feb. 3.
Garcia, who was identified as Cac’s employer and is believed to be in a relationship with the woman’s 21-year-old daughter, was living with the daughter at the time of the family’s disappearance, according to the sheriff’s office.
Guerra’s relationship with the family members was not immediately clear.
Authorities said Guerra, Garcia and Cac are all painters.
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(706x227:708x229)/Aurelia-Choc-Cac-Niurka-Zuleta-Choc-Anthony-Garcia-Choc-3-020226-98c300009a934efc8394f369017c702a.jpg)
Anthony Garcia Choc (left); Aurelia Choc Cac; and Niurka Zuleta Choc.
Mobile County Sheriff’s Office/Facebook
The family was last seen by a neighbor the night before they were reported missing.
In 911 call records obtained by FOX 10, the neighbor said that during that meeting, Cac gave no indication of any plans to leave.
PEOPLE previously reported that investigators confirmed there were “signs of a struggle” inside the home, per an earlier news release from the sheriff’s office.
“We do believe the mother, daughter and son were taken against their will and we believe they could be in danger,” the release stated.
According to investigators, blood was found at the residence and a mattress was missing, which they found to be concerning.
Authorities had previously named another man as a person of interest, but he was promptly released after questioning during the initial stage of the investigation.
Related Stories
Family Facing Deportation Vanishes with ‘Blood Throughout’ Home: What 911 Call Reveals About the Disappearances
Family of 3 Who Mysteriously Disappeared from Home Was Likely ‘Taken Against Their Will’: Police
Cac and Niurka were given a final deportation order in April, according to authorities.
Anthony is a U.S. citizen.
At a press briefing Tuesday, Feb. 10, which was streamed online by FOX 10, Mobile County Sheriff Paul Burch emphasized that the family’s immigration status should not discourage them from seeking help.
“We want to find this family, so I don’t want them to be fearful that they’re going to be deported just for coming along,” he said.
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(749x0:751x2)/Juan-Carlos-Argueta-Guerra-Sliverio-Garcia-021026-ae1e84c07fe0443588029079da8262ec.jpg)
Juan Carlos Argueta Guerra (left); and Sliverio Garcia.
Mobile County Metro Jail
Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE’s free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.
Garcia, who remains on a Homeland Security Investigation (HSI) hold because of his undocumented status, has been charged with possession of a pistol of certain persons forbidden, per the sheriff’s office.
Guerra was arrested on three counts of first-degree kidnapping.
It wasn’t immediately clear if they had entered pleas. Attorney information for the men was also not immediately available.
If you are experiencing domestic violence, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233, or go to thehotline.org. All calls are toll-free and confidential. The hotline is available 24/7 in more than 170 languages.


