Brooklyn Beckham has launched an astonishing attack on his “controlling” parents claiming they have been trying to ruin his relationship.
The 26-year-old eldest son of David and Victoria addressed their long-standing feud in a six page statement posted to Instagram on Monday night.
Brooklyn announced he has no wish to reconcile with his family and is “standing up” for himself “for the first time” in his life.
The former photographer wrote: “For my entire life, my parents have controlled narratives in the press about our family. The performative social media posts, family events and inauthentic relationships have been a fixture of the life I was born into.”
Brooklyn, who married model and heiress Nicola Peltz, 31, in April 2022, claimed that: “My parents have been trying endlessly to ruin my relationship since before my wedding, and it hasn’t stopped.”
He said his mother Victoria had “cancelled making Nicola’s dress” and “hijacked” the first dance at the wedding.
“She danced very inappropriately on me in front of everybody. I’ve never felt more uncomfortable or humiliated in my entire life,” he said.
Best of Brattish: How Brooklyn Beckham became the ultimate nepo baby
Last year, The Independent’s Megan Lloyd Davies reported that the eldest Beckham son had become the poster boy of privilege (and king of cringe).
Read more:

Best of Brattish: How Brooklyn Beckham became the ultimate nepo baby
From renewing his wedding vows three years after he got married to out-yachting his parents amidst a family feud and raising eyebrows with his dubious culinary skills, the eldest Beckham son has become the poster boy of privilege (and king of cringe). Megan Lloyd Davies reports
Kevin Perry20 January 2026 04:00
1 hour ago
Brooklyn Beckham first referenced family feud last year
Prior to today’s incendiary public statement, Brooklyn has only made veiled references to the family feud.
“There’s always going to be people saying negative things, but I have a very supportive wife,” he told the Daily Mail last year. “Me and her, we just do our thing, we just keep our heads down and work. And we’re happy.”
Read more:

Brooklyn Beckham addresses family feud rumors for the first time
The former model says he has a ‘very supportive wife’
Kevin Perry20 January 2026 03:01
2 hours ago
Brooklyn Beckham was absent from mother’s Netflix documentary
Brooklyn Beckham was notably absent from his mother’s Netflix documentary series, Victoria Beckham, last year – despite the rest of his famous siblings appearing.
Read more here:

Brooklyn Beckham absent from Victoria’s Netflix documentary amid family feud rumours
The fashion designer’s new Netflix series premieres today
Kevin Perry20 January 2026 02:01
3 hours ago
Brooklyn knows all about beef
Brooklyn Beckham’s twist to luxury beef wellington prompts fan outrage
Last October, Brooklyn posted a beef wellington recipe on Instagram that provoked outrage when he revealed he used instant gravy.
The 26-year-old filmed each step in his preparation, including searing the fillet before layering it with prosciutto, mushrooms, and spinach, inside pastry.
He served the dish with instant Bisto, prompting some viewers to express their shock. One Instagram user commented: “Beautiful beef wellington, then you murdered it with instant gravy.”
However, some defended Brooklyn’s choice, writing: “Who cares if it’s not home-made gravy – I reckon 90 per cent of you use this type at home and it’s quite tasty.”
Brooklyn’s recipe received praise from his grandmother, Jackie Adams, who commented: “That looks amazing Brooklyn. Lots of love.”
Kevin Perry20 January 2026 01:00
4 hours ago
Cruz Beckham previously claimed Brooklyn had blocked him and parents
Last December, Brookyn Beckham’s brother Cruz opened up about the family feud when he claimed that he and his parents, David and Victoria, woke up to find that Brooklyn had blocked them Instagram.
After reports emerged that David and Victoria had unfollowed their eldest son, Cruz wrote on his Stories: “NOT TRUE. My mum and dad would never unfollow their son… Let’s get the facts right. They woke up blocked… as did I.”
Read more:

Cruz Beckham claims Brooklyn has blocked him and parents
There have reportedly been tensions within the Beckham family since April
Kevin Perry20 January 2026 00:30
4 hours ago
The girlfriend vs the mother-in-law – can you ever really win the oldest fight in the book?
Brooklyn Beckham is by no means the first man to ever experience tension between his wife and his mother.
For The Independent, Lydia Spencer-Elliott spoke to the women who have experienced these fraught relationships, as well as specialists, to find out who comes out on top:

Girlfriend vs mother-in-law – can you ever really win the oldest fight in the book?
New psychological thriller ‘The Girlfriend’ amps up the fraught relationship many mothers have with their sons’ partners. Lydia Spencer-Elliott speaks to the women who have experienced these tensions, as well as specialists, to find out who comes out on top
Kevin Perry19 January 2026 23:48
5 hours ago
Nicola Peltz Beckham recently announced lead film role

(Getty)
Just days ago it was announced that Nicola Peltz Beckham will lead the star-studded cast of the upcoming indie drama Prima.
Prima reportedly follows Margo (Peltz Beckham), a dedicated prima ballerina who is raised by her strict grandmother (Faye Dunaway). He world is upturned when the head of her ballet company (Jack Huston) marries a modern choreographer (Betty Gabriel) whose ideas disrupt the traditional institution.
The film is currently in production, and no release date has yet been set.
Kevin Perry19 January 2026 23:07
5 hours ago
Brooklyn Beckham has embraced his wife’s family
Brooklyn Beckham embraces Nicola Peltz’s family in behind-the-scenes video of St Tropez getaway
Last year, Nicola Peltz shared behind-the-scenes footage of her husband embracing her family during a St Tropez getaway.
Kevin Perry19 January 2026 22:43
6 hours ago
Behind the decision to cut ties with your parents — something even the Beckhams couldn’t escape

Behind the decision to block your parents — something the Beckham’s couldn’t escape
Brooklyn Beckham appears to be distancing himself from his famous parents, Victoria and David Beckham, after apparently blocking them on social media. Amber Raiken spoke to three women who ended their relationships with their respective mothers, and explained why their lives are better off for it
Rebecca Whittaker19 January 2026 21:49
6 hours ago
‘My mum called me evil’ over wedding seating plan
In another claim made against his mother Victoria, Brooklyn said she called him “evil” during an argument over a wedding seating plan.
He wrote: “During the wedding planning, my mum went so far as to call me ‘evil’ because Nicola and I chose to include my Nanny Sandra, and Nicola’s Naunni at our table, because they both didn’t have their husbands. Both of our parents had their own tables equally adjacent to ours.
“The night before our wedding, members of my family told me that Nicola was ‘not blood’ and ‘not family.’”















