No arrests made after SWAT operation in Nancy Guthrie disappearance

(NewsNation) — Police have made no arrests after a SWAT operation, and there is still no sign of Nancy Guthrie, authorities in Arizona told NewsNation.

Nancy Guthrie case: SWAT team swarms property, 3 detained

Guthrie, 84, was last seen at her home on Jan. 31 in Pima County, near Tucson. Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos said the department is “just tracking down leads” in the disappearance of the “TODAY” show anchor Savannah Guthrie’s mother.

On Friday evening, a SWAT team from the sheriff’s department swarmed a home in Tucson in relation to Guthrie’s disappearance. Three people were detained as a result but all three were later released.

    On Friday, TMZ received a note from someone who said they know the identity of Nancy Guthrie’s kidnapper and demanded $100,000 from the FBI in exchange for the information. The person previously proposed depositing $60,000 in Bitcoin immediately into their account in exchange for “the name of the main individual along with his information for you to track.”

Friday’s email was the third sent from the same person since Wednesday, each one demanding Bitcoin, according to TMZ co-executive producer Charles Latibeaudiere.

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $100,000 for information leading to Guthrie’s recovery or the arrest and conviction of anyone involved in her disappearance.

Anyone with “actionable information” is asked to contact 1-800-CALL-FBI or the Pima County Sheriff’s Department non-emergency line at 520-351-4900.

This is a breaking news story and will be updated. Download our NewsNation app for 24/7 fact-based unbiased coverage.